Applications call for the 8th Bio-Art International Contest
Theme: Human and Virus
The COVID-19 pandemic has caused us a lot of material and social damage, but it has also given us the opportunity to reconsider what we have taken for granted. The Earth has already warned us through various infectious diseases such as SARS and MERS, and COVID-19, maybe it is the last signal from The Earth to mankind. The counterattack of the virus begins with the destruction of balance with nature is destroyed. The international community needs to be more united, cooperative, and active in communicating with each other. The 8th Bio-Art International Contest is held under the theme of “Virus and Humans.”.
The 8th Bio-Art International Contest 2020
- Grand prize: (1 individual of team) certificate + 3,000,000 KRW
- Second prize: (3 individual(s) of team(s)) certificate + 1,000,000 KRW
- Third prize: (10 i individual(s) of team(s)) certificate + 300,000 KRW
- Participation Prize: (20 individual(s) or team(s)) certificate
- Jury Prize: (3 individual(s) of team(s)) certificate + 500,000 KRW
- Digital photography: Image should be a minimum of 3000px on the longer edge. Submitted as JPG file 3MB ~ 50MB.
- Partial retouched is allowed, but editing, composition, and synthesis are prohibited.
- Microscope photography: Image should be taken in the maximum resolution supported by the device. Submitted as JPG file 3MB ~ 50MB.
- Computer graphics: Image should be 300dpi or higher resolution in A2 paper size (420mmx594mm). Submitted as JPG file 3MB ~ 50MB.
- The Video clips: Screen size should be in HD(1280 × 720) or FHD(1920 x 1080) square pixels.
- Playtime should be within 3 minutes. File format should be MPEG4 (you may select H.264/AVC1 as compression codec).
- The file should contain contents that meet the purpose of the Bio-Art international contest.
How to apply
- Submit and upload the file on the contest website.
- Consult with the organizer if you want to submit your own special work.
- In the case of fine art (painting, drawing, etc.), it can be submitted as well, if it can be scanned in high quality to meet the image specifications above.
- Application period – July 15 (Wed.) ~ August 31(Mon.) .2020 (The mail is valid until August 31 on the postmark.)
More information available