Applications call for the Act Foundation Changemakers Innovation Challenge
The Changemakers Innovation Challenge is conceived by the ACT Foundation as a response to the impressive work of community nonprofits/ social enterprises in Africa who are leveraging technology to create social change is hard to reach communities. Research shows that most nonprofits using technology/ digital tools to drive projects and build communities are coming ahead in the world and also creating a lasting impact.
The challenge which is open to all countries across Africa is to support small nonprofits/ social enterprises who are using technology and digital tools to create innovative social offerings with funding and technical support to enable them to scale up impact within the community where they presently work and beyond.
Last year, Infiuss ETS, Natal Cares, and Pad-UP Creations were selected as the winners of the initial Changemakers Innovation Challenge.
Award and Prizes
- Funding support of $15,000,000 is available to the top three winners and the People Choice’s winner. The Award grant will be given towards scaling of the innovative solutions across different communities.
- The Changemakers Innovation Challenge is open to only nonprofits and social enterprises in Africa. For social enterprises, the innovative solution submitted must not be towards for-profit ventures. (It must be fully towards social good)
- Organizations must submit social solutions within the Foundation’s key focus areas, namely; Health, Entrepreneurship, Environment, and Leadership.
- Nonprofits or social enterprises must be registered with the government agency in charge of organizations’ registry in their respective countries.
- All submissions must be innovative solutions that use technology/digital systems as major tools for the community impact. Show evidence of claim through the provision of weblinks and other online presence.
- Organizations must have been in existence for at least two years.
- All submitted social solutions must be at the growth stage and must have been tested/implemented and have direct beneficiaries. Evidence of claim through pictures, news releases, etc. must be documented and shared during the application.
- Submitted innovations must have been implemented within the past two years. Pilot innovations will not be accepted.
- Entry for the Changemakers Innovation Challenge opens on Monday, August 24th, 2020, and closes 7th September 2020. Late entries will not be considered.
- Only one entry will be accepted per organization. Once an entry has been submitted, no further changes will be accepted.
- All entries for this challenge must be in English.
- No entry fee, purchase, or payment of any kind is required.
- Winners will be announced and awarded at the annual ACT Foundation Breakfast Dialogue holding on Friday, 30th September. For more details, visit www.actrustfoundation.org