Applications for Aesthetica Creative Writing Award 2020
The Aesthetica Creative Writing Award is an international literary prize that is a hotbed for new talent in Poetry and Short Fiction. Now in its 14th year, the Prize supports both emerging and established writers. By entering, writers can showcase their work to key industry figures and organizations including The Poetry Society, Granta, VINTAGE, and more.
Winners are selected for both categories and awarded with £1,000. Publication within the Aesthetica Creative Writing Anthology is also awarded to a further 60 writers whose works are highly commended.
- £1,000 prize money for the Poetry & Short Fiction Winners.
- Publication in the Aesthetica Creative Writing Annual as well as full membership to The Poetry Society (Poetry Winner).
- Consultation with Redhammer Management (Fiction Winner).
- Selection of books from Vintage and Bloodaxe Books and also one-year print subscription to Granta
- Poetry entries should be no more than 40 lines.
- Fiction entries should be no more than 2,000 words.
- Works published or entered elsewhere are accepted.
- Candidates may enter the Award as many times as you wish.
- Both Poetry and Fiction entries should be written in English.
- December 2019 – 31 August 2020: Entries open
- September 2020: Judging begins
- December 2020: Winners and finalists are announced
- December 2020: Publication of winners and finalists in the Aesthetica Creative Writing Annual 2021
For more information, read FAQs here or for refund policy
Click here to see more competitions