The Bath Children’s Novel Award 2021 is a prize for emerging novelists. For the purposes of this competition, emerging novelists are defined as writers who are yet to accept an offer of publication for a novel which includes an advance (pre-publication) payment from the publisher.
- The winner of The Bath Children’s Novel Award 2021 will receive £3,000.
- Unrepresented shortlisted writers will be offered the opportunity to be introduced to an individually tailored list of literary agents by email or other means. This service is entirely free and optional.
- The writer of the most promising longlisted novel, as chosen by the Bath Novel Awards and Cornerstones Literary Consultancy will receive a free place on Cornerstones’ 18 week online course Edit Your Novel the Professional Way. The value of this prize is £1,800. The course is non-transferable and there is no cash alternative to this prize.
- Shortlist prize: Manuscript feedback from the Junior Judges plus literary agent introductions
- Longlist prize: Edit Your Novel the Professional Way course with Cornerstones Literary Consultancy
- The Bath Children’s Novel Award 2021 is open worldwide to writers of any nationality or residency.
- Novels can be unpublished, self-published or independently published.
- Novels should be for children who are able to read for themselves or young adults. The competition does not accept picture books or graphic novels.
- Full manuscripts may be of any length, however as a guide, we recommend 6-10,000 for a chapter book, 40-60,000 for middle grade and 50-70,000 words for YA (or longer for fantasy novels).
- Novels must be submitted in english and the author’s own work.
- Entries may be submitted from June 1st 2021 until 23:59 GMT on November 30th 2021.
OYA Opportunities is in Telegram too. Catch us here