Applications call for Bristol Short Story Prize 2021. The Bristol Short Story Prize is an international writing competition based in Bristol, UK, which aims to publish great short stories and promote the stories and writers as much as possible. Discovering previously unpublished writers is central to our aims and we are absolutely committed to celebrating the short story genre and making it accessible and available to as wide an audience as we can. The Bristol Short Story Prize is an international writing competition founded by the editors of the quarterly cultural magazine Bristol Review of Books in 2007.
The Bristol Short Story Prize aims to
- Publish a brilliant short story anthology every year full of fresh and original stories, and to get it stocked in as many bookshops as possible. This includes high street chains, independent shops, and online booksellers.
- Inspire and encourage writers.
- Discover and promote previously unpublished writers.
- Provide an opportunity for writers to get published.
- Share an enthusiasm for short stories in as many ways and with as many people as possible.
- Establish Bristol as a short story center.
- Raise the profile, support, and raise funds for the Bristol Review of Books magazine.
Rules and Regulations
- The maximum length of submissions is 4,000 words (does not include title), there is no minimum length. Stories can be on any theme or subject and are welcome in any style including graphic, verse or genre-based (Crime, Science Fiction, Fantasy, Historical, Horror, Romance, Children’s etc..) .
- Entrants may enter as many stories as they like.
- Entrants will be transferred to the Paypal website after they have submitted their story/stories to theprize to pay the entry fee. Payment for postal entries to the competition should be made by cheque.
- Each postal submission must be accompanied by a signed entry form confirming an entrant has read the rules of the 2021 Bristol Short Story Prize and accepts the rules of the 2021 Bristol Short Story Prize.
- Entries will not be returned. Please keep a copy. No corrections or alterations can be made after receipt of an entry.
See full rules here