Apply for Bug Photography Awards 2021. Entering the Luminar Bug Photography Awards will raise vital funds for Buglife – the only organization in Europe devoted to the conservation of all invertebrates. Actively working to save Britain’s rarest little animals, everything from bees to beetles, worms to woodlice and jumping spiders to jellyfish.
All photographers can enter up to 8 images in each of the 9 categories. Those eligible to enter the Young Bug Photographer contest can enter an additional 8 images into this category.
There are 9 subject categories:
- Dragonflies and Mayflies
- Flies, Bees, Ants and Wasps
- Butterflies and Moths
- Snails and Slugs
- All The Other Bugs
- Extreme Close-up
- Bug Homes
In addition, photographers who’ll be 13-17 years old on 5th September 2021 can also enter the Young Bug Photographer contest.
- Photographers of any age and nationality can enter the 9 main subject categories.
- The Young Bug Photographer contest is only open to those who’ll be 13-17 years old on 5th September 2021.
- Any entrant under 18 on the date when they enter must gain the permission of a parent or guardian to enter the competition. People under the age of 13 are not permitted to register on the Photocrowd platform and therefore unfortunately are not able to enter the Bug Photography Awards.
- Images should be saved as jpegs at the highest quality available, with a color profile attached. Either the RGB or sRGB color profiles are recommended. Digital scans from the film are also eligible providing they meet these technical guidelines.
- The overall winner will receive a cash prize of £2,500.
- 1st place in all nine categories will win a £250 GBP cash prize.