The Collective Innovation Challenge is an online program and community to support you in developing ideas to help isolated older people, young people with disadvantaged backgrounds, and people who experience homelessness. If you want to make a difference to these groups, sign up now.
The Collective Innovation Challenge believes in the power of bringing people together to tackle critical social issues. As the COVID-19 crisis unfolds, vulnerable communities urgently need support. Collective Innovation is challenging people to think of innovative ideas that can support communities that are significantly affected by the COVID-19 crisis.
- Joining the Innovation Challenge will increase the chance of success for participants’ ideas. Once they sign up, they will get access to our online platforms where candidates can share your ideas, find team members, or join other teams. Applicants can read the research briefs to get a better understanding of the problems that the groups of the challenge focus on the face.
- Candidates will be supported throughout the idea development process by our mentors. They will also get access to our educational content, our network of partners, and feedback sessions with frontline experts who can validate their idea.
- By the end of each challenge, the most promising ideas will be selected to be brought to life with our partners.
- Depending on the challenge candidates participate in, this means funding, ongoing coaching, and/or access to their network.
- If they don’t have an idea and simply want to donate their skills; everyone can join projects from other people in the community.
Who can participate?
- Anyone who wants to contribute their skills is welcome to take part. Whether candidates have experience in tech, UX, business, project management, the charity sector; or the creative arts, there is no limit to what the program can achieve if it brings the strengths together.
- The organizer actively encourages people who have personal or professional experience working with organizations in our Focus Areas to apply.
- Applications can be from anywhere in the world to participate. However, it is a London-based Foundation, the foundation exclusively works with organizations in the UK for the time being. We do believe that to a large extent, challenges in the UK are also relevant in other geographical contexts.
- The Collective Challenge hopes that the solutions that come out of the challenges will inspire a positive impact in and outside of the UK as well.
- Adaptable to existing resources