Applications call for the Dinesh Allirajah Prize for Short Fiction
The Dinesh Allirajah Prize for Short Fiction is open to anyone 18 years or over who is a resident of the UK, and the story you submit must not have been published anywhere else, online or in print. It is free to submit your entry, but only one per writer, please. All entries will be made anonymous upon receipt. Entries will be made anonymous upon receipt and will remain so until after the shortlist has been decided.
The winning writer will receive £500 and all 10 shortlisted authors will be featured in an ebook anthology which will be published by Comma Press and sold online. The winner will also have their story published online by our media partner Northern Soul.
General Terms and Conditions
- The Dinesh Allirajah Prize for Short Fiction is organized by the University of Central Lancashire (“UCLan”) and Comma Press.
- The Competition is open to anyone aged 18 or over and based in the UK who is not excluded by these Rules. There is no upper age limit for entry.
- Members of the University of Central Lancashire staff (who may also be students) and their spouses are excluded from being eligible to enter.
- The deadline for electronic entries is midnight (UK time) on Friday 23rd October 2020.
- Entries received after this deadline will not be considered.
- Entrants must submit a short story of between 2,000 and 6,000 words in length. Titles, blank lines, and page numbers are not included in the word count.
- Entrants may submit one story each.
- All work submitted for consideration must be on the subject with the theme of ‘Home’, and must be the entrant’s own original writing.
Full information here