Applications are open for the Future For Nature Award 2022. The Future For Nature Award is a prestigious international award that celebrates tangible achievements in protecting wild animal and plant species. The Future For Nature aims to:
- Reward and fund individuals for their outstanding efforts in the protection of species of wild animals and plants.
- Stimulate Award winners to sustain their dedicated work.
- Help winners to raise
- their profile, extend their professional network and strengthen their funding basis.
The winners each receive 50,000 euros and the prestigious FFN Award. The winners may spend the money at their own discretion in the service of nature conservation; after all, they know better than anyone where the money is most needed. Additionally, Future For Nature offers much more than one-off financial support.
- Be born on or after the 31st May 1986 and before the 31st of May 2003.
- Has achieved substantial and long-term benefit to the conservation status of one or more animal or plant species.
- Demonstrated commitment, determination, and passion for conservation work.
- Strong leadership, entrepreneurship, and a clear view of conservation work.
- Creative and innovative in his/her work.
- Demonstrated to be honorable in the conservation work performed.
- Must be determined to continue his/her conservation work, as the Award aims to stimulate the winner’s future work. It is not an “end of career” prize.
- Explain his/her conservation work in proficient English (written and spoken).
- Winners will present their work at the Future For Nature Award event at Royal Burgers’ Zoo in Arnhem, the Netherlands. The event will take place in May 2022. Travel and accommodation expenses will be covered by the Future For Nature Foundation.
- Future For Nature will not allow administrative deductions to be made or claimed by mother organisations.
- From all applications 6 to 10 nominees will be selected. These applicants will be asked to provide additional information (written info, photos, video), which will be used to select the final three Award.
FAQs for more information