The Greek Bicentennial Pamphlet will be a volume of new creative work supported entirely by Marina, Lady Marks, and will form part of the 2021 Michael Marks Awards for Poetry Pamphlets. It will be distributed in the UK, US and Greece, and will be available from December 2021.
The Greek Bicentennial are inviting poets and illustrators to reflect on the culture and history of the Greeks, from ancient to contemporary times, on the occasion of the Bicentennial Celebration of the creation of Modern Greece.
- Poetry Prize: £10,000 and publication of your portfolio as a pamphlet, with illustrations and Greek translations, distributed internationally.
- Illustration Prize: £5,000 and publication of your illustrations in a pamphlet, alongside the winning poems, distributed internationally.
Eligibility: the Poetry Prize
- Portfolios must comprise a maximum of 150 lines of poetry. This may consist of any number of poems but should be sufficient to fill several pages of the pamphlet. Titles, blank lines, contents pages and page numbers are not included in the line count.
- Portfolios must be submitted as .doc or .docx files (not as PDFs, .odt, .pages or other file types). No other file types will be accepted.
- Poems must be written in English.
- Translations are not eligible.
Eligibility: the Illustration Prize
- Portfolios must comprise a minimum of five and a maximum of eight illustrations. The illustrations may be monochrome or colour but must not be animations. Illustrations will sit alongside the winning poems and must not themselves be poetry nor prose text. Text characters may form a small part of your illustrative works but each illustration must be primarily an image and not a text.
- Portfolios must be submitted as PDFs, up to 2MB.
- The winning illustrator will be required to transfer high resolution, printable versions of the illustrations immediately after they have been notified of winning.
Submissions Rules and Terms and Conditions