The Henshaw Press calls application for Short Story Competition. The entry fee is £6 and the fee for a critique is £12. The June Competition is now open until 30th June 2020. The results of the June Competition will be published on this site on July 31st.
The prize of Henshaw Short Story Competition are
- 1st Prize: £200
- 2nd Prize: £100
- 3rd Prize: £50
Rules and Regulations
- Entries must be a fictional short story of up to 2000 words on any theme.
- Entries must be on A4, double spaced and page numbered with the title on each page..
- All entries must be the original work of the author, must not have been published before the date of submission, and must be accompanied by a single information page containing the author’s name, address and telephone number.
- The Author’s name must not appear as a title or in the body of any page other than the author’s information page.
- Entries received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Do keep a copy of your entry, manuscripts cannot be returned.
- The judges’ view is final and no correspondence will be entered into in connection with the award of the prizes.
- Prize-Winning Stories will be published on this site.
- Entries may be made by Email (preferred), as a Word document, or by post.
- Entering the competition gives Henshawpress the once only permission to publish the story in an anthology. It is intended to produce the next anthology when there have been sufficient prize-winning stories.
- Receipt of all entries will be acknowledged by e-mail or by post where no e-mail address is available.
- Entrants must be aged over sixteen. If a candidate is sixteen or under do have a look at our Young Writers page.