Applications call for the Hysteria Writing Competition 2020. The purpose of the competition is to showcase entries that appeal to all my visitors; the competition accepts entries in any genre except erotica or horror. In light of the coronavirus crisis, there is no charge to enter this competition and entries can be uploaded in .doc, .docx, rtf or txt format.
- Short story: maximum of 600 words
- Flash fiction: maximum of 100 words
- Poetry: maximum of 12 lines
- Under 16’s: any genre above
Rules of Hysteria Writing Competition
- The competition closes at 11.59pm on 31st August 2020. Entries submitted after the deadline will not be eligible for entry.
- The competition is open to writers of any nationality writing in English.
- No submissions of erotica or horror will be accepted. Such entries will be disqualified.
- All entries must be submitted via our online form with the order number as the file name.
- All entries must be saved with the order number generated by our online shop as the file name in one of the following formats: doc, docx, rtf, txt. Files submitted in any other format or without the order number as their file number will be disqualified. Disqualified entry fees will not be refunded.
- All entries must comprise the title and story only.
- You can enter as many times as you wish. One submission per entry.
- Please do not put your name and address anywhere on your entry. All judging is done anonymously. Any entries with names on them will be disqualified.
- Entries cannot be altered or changed after they have been entered.
- All entries must be available for publication in the anthology.
- All entries must be previously unpublished.
- No correspondence will be accepted after submission. Please ensure you keep your payment and order entry confirmations for your records.
- Entries will not be returned under any circumstances.
There is a £25 prize for the winners of each category. Nine additional entries will be included in the Hysteria 7 anthology to be published in November 2020. The competition is free of cost.