Applications call for LEARN Technical Training Award 2020
The Technical Training award provides funds for technical staff from developing countries to receive training in New Zealand on equipment, tools, or methods to improve the measurement and understanding of livestock greenhouse gas emissions.
The LEARN Technical Training Award will provide the following funds
- Up to NZD$17,000 for 6 months (pro-rata for less than 6 months) to cover living expenses only (i.e. not the applicant’s salary).
- Up to NZD$5,000 will be provided for return economy class airfares and travel/medical insurance.
- Funds will be made available subject to the approval of a detailed budget including evidence of estimated costs.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent tertiary qualification, or be working in a technical research capacity with at least 5 years of experience.
- Work in collaboration with a New Zealand research organization (host).
- Be resident and normally employed on a permanent contract in a research organization (or similar, relevant organization) in a developing country as defined by the OECD list of Overseas Development Assistance recipients: http://www.oecd.org/dac/stats/daclist.htm
- Satisfy New Zealand Government requirements for international entry into New Zealand.
- Be able to speak and understand English to a level sufficient that you can understand technical concepts that will be explained in English.
Applicants for LEARN Technical Training Award must:
- Not apply for permanent residency or citizenship in New Zealand during the award period.
- Not simultaneously hold other fellowships or scholarships.
- Follow the rules and regulations of their host organization.
- Undergo a full medical examination for visa purposes if required.
- Undertake to return to their home country for at least 12 months after completion of the award period.
The full application process is as follows:
- Develop a proposal and budget for the training program in close collaboration with the New Zealand host organization. The budget should include supporting evidence of all associated costs.
- Complete all sections of the application form in English.
- Sign and date the declaration.
- Collect and attach any supporting documents as stipulated on the application form.
- Send completed application documents to the New Zealand host organization.
- The New Zealand host organization must submit the application and supporting documentation to NZAGRC by the quarterly deadline indicated above.
- The feasibility of the proposed training program.
- Alignment with known scientific priorities and profile of the applicant’s home organization and the New Zealand host organization.
- The extent to which the training will contribute to building capability in livestock greenhouse gas research in the home organization and country.
More information available here