The Lumen Prize celebrates the very best art created with technology through a global competition. The prize allows its artists to develop their visibility, increase their legitimacy in the field as well as to expand their ability to exhibit their work worldwide.
- The Gold Award ($4,000) for the artist or collective whose work is exceptional. The winner of this award is chosen from amongst all other categories.
- Still Image Award ($1,000) for 2D work using any digital process
- Moving Image Award ($1,000) for time-based work using any digital process that is narrative or non-narrative
- 3D/Interactive Award ($1,000) for work that engages with audiences through sound, touch, or movement
- BCS Immersive Environment Award ($1000) for an immersive experience using any digital processes
- Global Majority Award ($1000) for art created with technology by an artist or collective from Africa, Latin America, or the developing economies of Asia and the Middle East or holding passports from these countries.
- Futures Award ($1000) for work that explores future relationships between humans and technology
- Student Award ($500) for Still or Moving Image work created by a student currently enrolled in a degree program.
- Nordic Award ($1000) for art created with technology by an artist or collective from Nordic Countries
- HUA Award 華艺数奖 ($1000) for art created with technology by a Chinese artist or collective living and working in China.
- NFT Award ($1000) for work by an artist, artist collective, or DAO that represents the cutting edge of the NFT ecosystem
- Longlisted and shortlisted artists can join the Barbican Centre for Performing Arts, London for the Award Ceremony.
- This is a great place to meet fellow artists, Jury Panel members as well as members of the Lumen community.
- Artists can also meet with the Lumen Team to further share their practice and get to know one another.
- 4-Week Residency in Spain
- In addition to a cash prize of US$1000, the Nordic Award winner will also be invited to a dialog with Sørlandets Kunstmuseum/KUNSTSILO regarding the opportunity to give a lecture about their practice at the museum or online.
- Moreover, become a part of Exhibition – Somnium Space
How to Enter?
Use Zealous to make uploading your work simple and reduce the stress of submitting your work saving you time. The application is short and can be completed in under 20 minutes. The form only contains these questions:
- What Category do you want to submit to
- Artwork name
- Partners & Collaborators
- Artwork description
- Artwork technical description
- Contact Details
Early Bird Fee
3rd March – 24th March: $32 for two works
25th March – 3rd June: $40 for two works
Find all the info on how to enter here.