Applications call for the Moth Short Story Prize 2020.
- The Moth Short Story Prize is open to everyone in the world who is over 16 years of age..
- Entries must be entirely the work of the entrant and must never have been published, self-published, published online or broadcast.
- Candidates can enter as many stories as they like. The word limit of a story is 5,000.
Every year, the Moth Short Story Prize chooses three winning stories from entries submitted worldwide. The 1st prize of €3,000, the 2nd prize of a week-long writing retreat at Circle of Misse in France (including €250 for travel) and the 3rd prize of €1,000.
Terms and Conditions
- The name of the author must not appear on the same page as the story. Similarly, No name or address should appear on the same page as the story.
- It’s not a requirement, but the organizer strongly advises candidates to purchase a copy of The Moth.
- Entries must be in English, typed, with each entry on a new sheet.
- Entries will not be returned, so candidates must make sure that they keep a copy.
- No corrections can be made after receipt, or fees refunded.
Fees and Payment
- The entry fee is €15 per story. Cheques and postal orders should be made payable to ‘The Moth Magazine Ltd.’, with the sender’s name and address on the back.
- Payment can be made by cheque (euro/sterling/dollar), by credit/debit card via PayPal (to [email protected]) or by postal order (Ireland only)
- Postal entries can also be paid in cash (either in US dollars, Sterling or Euros at the current exchange rate).
How to enter?
Candidates can enter online or send their story along with a cheque or postal order made payable to ‘The Moth Magazine Ltd.’ with an entry form or a cover letter with their name and contact details and the title of the story (or stories) attached to:
The Moth, Ardan Grange,
Co. Cavan, Ireland H14 K768.
The deadline of application is 30 June 2020