The Nigeria Prize for Science 2019 is available for application. Nigeria LNG Limited invites entries for The Nigeria Prize for Science, in line with its vision of helping to build a better Nigeria. This annual prize for science is
endowed by Nigeria LNG Limited (NLNG) to recognise outstanding scientific achievements by Nigerians as well as non-Nigerians alike for advancing scientific solutions to a prescribed problem afflicting Nigeria, as captured by the theme for the year.
The theme for the 2019 competition is: Climate Change: Erosion, Drought and Desertification. Entries are therefore invited from researchers for works that contribute to dealing with issues arising from Climate Change especially Erosion, Drought and Desertification – especially from the Nigerian perspective.
The winner(s) would receive an award of one hundred thousand US dollars ($100,000.00).
- The award is open to all Nigerians and non-Nigerians involved in the application of science to proffer a novel solution to remediate the impact of Climate Change especially Erosion, Drought and Desertification.
- The work should be of outstanding merit and should have advanced the frontiers of knowledge and/or provide an innovative solution in the area of Climate Change.
- Likewise, the submission for consideration must be original and must indicate the specific area of merit; and all submissions must relate to that particular area.
- The submission for award must not be under consideration for any other award.
- Moreover, all submissions of material in support of the entry must be within time
- Entries, including the supporting documents, must be submitted in six (6) copies, for hard copies.
- Applicants must complete and submit their entries online accompanied by an application form obtainable online from the NLNG website.
- Hard copy submissions are also acceptable but must be accompanied by the printed copy of the completed application form.
- Works of collaboration by two or more persons are also welcome.
- Only one entry per contestant(s) per competition year.
- No entry previously submitted for this competition may be considered at a later date.