Applications call for the ORG Impact Awards 2020
The ORG Impact Awards (OIAs) recognize .ORGs that are exemplary—those that serve as shining examples of how people can achieve great things—often with little resources and against significant challenges. These people and organizations work tirelessly in pursuit of their missions; not for recognition or reward, but to simply make the world a better place.
The 2020 version of the .ORG Impact Awards are different by circumstance but not in intent. Amidst an unprecedented (in most of our lifetimes) global pandemic; the 2020 program has transformed into a 10-day digital experience —” The Ten Days of .ORG”—that will enable us to put more focus on award finalists and provide greater assistance to winning.ORGs through substantially larger cash donations. Though 100% online, the 2020 OIAs will continue to celebrate.ORG domain users of all kinds and causes for their accomplishments in community mobilization, outreach, and mission achievement.
- All organizations nominated to any category must have a website hosted on the .ORG domain. Similarly, all individual nominees must have an established role at an organization with a website on the .ORG domain.
- All submissions must be in English.
- Activities highlighted in the submission must have occurred between June 1, 2019 and June 1, 2020. If the activity began before June 1, 2019 or extends beyond June 1, 2020 the entry is still eligible so long as meaningful activity occurred between the two dates.
- Organizations and individuals may submit to more than one award category, but each submission must be original (i.e., an entry for one award may not be resubmitted verbatim to another award).
- The nominator must be at least 18 years old and have permission to nominate the individual or organization that uses or has a connection to .ORG domain
- Individuals or organizations who reside in Cuba, Burma/Myanmar, Iran, North Korea, Sudan or Syria, may not nominate or be identified as a “Nominee.”
- Employees of Public Interest Registry and any of its parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible to nominate individuals or organizations or be considered as a Nominee for any award.
The Submission must not
- Disparage Sponsor or any other person or party.
- Contain material that is inappropriate, offensive, indecent, obscene, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous.
- Contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age.
- Possess material that is unlawful, in violation of, or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where Submission is created.
More information available here