Applications are open for Plough Prize 2021. The Plough Poetry Prize is an international open competition for a poem up to 40 lines on any subject. The competition this year will be judged by Roger McGough.
The overall prizes are:
- 1st Prize: £1,000
- 2nd Prize: £500
- 3rd Prize: £250
- The online entry fee is £5 per poem.
- The postal entry fee is £6 per poem.
- The Plough Poetry Prize is an international open competition for poems in the English language. It basically receives entries from all over the world, from poets of all ages.
- Staff and Trustees of The Plough Arts Centre are ineligible to enter, along with anyone else involved in the running of the competition. Otherwise, entry is open to everyone.
- Poems can be on any subject. They must be no longer than 40 lines (excluding blank lines and the title, if it has one). They must not have been published, nor can they have won any other poetry prize.
Rules and Regulations
- The maximum length of each poem entered, excluding title and any blank lines, is 40 lines.
- Each entered poem, including its title, should be typed single-spaced in a standard 10 or 12 point font on one side of a single A4 sheet, with a left margin wide enough for ring binding.
- Do not include unnecessary visual design elements such as images, colours or unusual fonts.
- Your name should not be on your poem. However, the poems are judged anonymously, to ensure the integrity of the judging process. Please ensure your name is on your entry form.
- Poems must not have been published anywhere in the world prior to 31 March 2021.
- Also, poems must not have been awarded any poetry prize anywhere in the world prior to 31 March 2021.
- Poems must be the original work of the entrant.
- Each postal entry (of one or more poems) should be accompanied by an entry form. If you are unable to download an entry form, please email at [email protected]re.org.uk(link sends e-mail) and we will send you one.
- Furthermore, you may submit as many poems as you like, on as many entry forms as you like. No entrant may win more than one prize.