The Royal Society of Biology calls application for Annual Photography Competition 2020. ‘Our changing world’ is the theme of the competition in 2020. Life on Earth is dynamic and the Royal Society of Biology invites you to capture these transformations.
The entry photograph could illustrate the changes which occur within nature, including metamorphosis and shifts from young to adult. Candidates might wish to depict how habitats develop during ecological succession, how wildlife adapts, or the impacts humans have on nature. The Royal Society of Biology also welcome entries that explore this theme at the cellular, genetic and molecular level, exploring how life can change at a variety of different scales.
There are two categories in the competition, each with a cash prize
- Photographer of the Year (18 and over) – £1,000 top prize
- Young Photographer of the Year (under 18) – £500 top prize
- The Organiser of the competition is the Royal Society of Biology, 1 Naoroji Street, London, WC1X 0GB.
- The competition is open to anyone except those involved in its organization, employees of the Society and their immediate family, sponsors of the competition, judges and their immediate family.
- The competition is free to enter and is open to Society members and non-members. Entrants must not be professional photographers. For the purposes of this competition, a professional photographer will be considered to be someone who makes more than half their annual income from photography-related work.
- Entrants to the Young Photographer of the Year category must be under 18 years of age at the time of the closing date (24th July 2020).
- Prior to submission, entrants must not have offered any of their entries for sale, been paid for any publication of their entries, or won or been runner-up in any other photographic competition with any of their entries.
- At the time of submission, entrants must declare to the Organiser whether they have entered their images in any other photographic competition. Such submissions will be accepted for entry into the RSB Photography Competition at the judges’ discretion.
- Individuals who have entered the RSB Photography Competition in a previous year can enter again in 2020, however, they must declare in which year they had previously taken part and whether they had received an award.
- The closing date for submissions is midnight on 24th July 2020. Once an entry has been submitted it cannot be edited.
See the full terms and conditions here.