Applications are open for SmokeLong Grand Micro Competition 2021. Entries are open from March 1 to May 16 2021 the SmokeLong editors will be considering your tightest, most compressed work for inclusion in our June double issue. If your micro is chosen, you’re guaranteed $100, but you could win much more. In this competition, you will have the opportunity to enter one, two, or up to four micros.
The SmokeLong Grand Micro Competition 2021 has the following prizes
- Grand Prize: $1500
- Second Place: $500
- Third Place: $300
- Finalists: $100
Here are some guidelines
- Word Count: 400 words or fewer
- Languages: English or any other language accompanied by an English translation. The story will be judged on the English text as well as the word count of the English text. Both the English and the original story must be previously unpublished. The translator and author will split the prize money equally.
- Only previously unpublished work will be considered.
- Entrants must be 18 or older.
- Fiction, non-fiction, and hybrid narratives are considered.
- The line between prose and poetry is often a blurry one especially in micro-narratives, but please take into consideration that SmokeLong does not consider poetry.
- Use a legible font. Single-spacing is fine.
- All identifying information must be removed from your entry (the story itself). Our editors read blind and have no access to cover letters. Please put your bio in your cover letter; remove your name from the story, filename, and page headers.
- This should go without saying, but SmokeLong is eager to amplify the voices of under-represented writers.
- Write something you love.