Applications call for the Swiss Re Foundation Entrepreneurs for Resilience Award. The 2021 Resilience Award focuses on innovative solutions that increase financial access to healthcare in low-income communities. More specifically, we are looking for innovative, market-based solutions that increase the household resources available for healthcare and/or reduce health shocks that lead to poverty or economic vulnerability following a disease or an accident.
For those ventures where the financial solution is part of a more comprehensive approach, they are in scope for this award if the financial solution is both a) at the core of the broader approach used and b) innovative or distinctive in some way.
The Award program involves a grant (paid in several installments over one to three years) from the Swiss Re Foundation and, depending on the nature, scope and needs of the enterprise, non-financial contributions from Swiss Re employees, such as coaching and technical advice.
- A total grant of USD 700 000 for three finalists. Moreover, this amount is divided among the winner (which receives up to USD 350 000); and the two runners-up and paid in several installments over one to three years
- Non-financial support such as coaching and technical advice from Swiss Re employees and experts, tailored to the needs of the ventures
- Furthermore, the Employee Award Swiss Re employees around the world are invited to vote for their favorite Resilience Award finalist. The finalist with the most votes receives a special prize.
- The selection process starts with an online application. In the first round, 12 applicants will be selected and their founder(s) invited for a two-hour interview between mid-December 2020 and the end of January 2021.
- All these ventures will also be invited to provide a short video statement on their entrepreneurial vision and motivation.
- In the second round, six applicants will be selected and requested to host an on-site due diligence visit; led by representatives of the Swiss Re Foundation, between mid-February and early April 2021.
- The third round will decide the three Resilience Award finalists.
- At least one founder from each finalist venture will be coached between mid-April and mid-May 2021 to develop and deliver a pitch.
- All three finalists’ teams will also prepare a brief video (or submit an existing one) about their venture, approach, and achievements by the end of April 2021 to be presented at the Resilience Award ceremony.
- Level of maturity
- Innovation focus
- Mission and purpose
- Target Group