Applications are open for The Zayed Sustainability Prize 2022. The Zayed Sustainability Prize, an evolution of the Zayed Future Energy Prize, is the UAE’s pioneering global award in sustainability and a tribute to the legacy of the late founding father of the UAE, Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan.
This annual award recognizes and rewards the achievements of those who are driving impactful, innovative and inspiring sustainability solutions across five distinct categories: Health, Food, Energy, Water and Global High Schools.
The fund allocation per category are as follows
- Health: USD 600,000
- Food: USD 600,000
- Energy: USD 600,000
- Water: USD 600,000
- Global High Schools: USD 600,000 (Divided between six school winners, each from six world regions)
- There is no alternative to the cash award.
- The Awards shall be used by the winners, per category, to further the ideas and ambitions within the winning subjects.
- An award may be subjected to withholding tax (if applicable) and/or income tax or other applicable tax which shall be payable by the winner, as applicable. Masdar shall not be liable for any taxes which are or become payable on the Award.
- An Award may be revoked and a refund required if it is discovered that a winner has provided misleading or erroneous information within the submission or it is subsequently discovered that the solution infringes the intellectual property rights of a third party.
The Zayed Sustainability Prize is open to all entrants other than
- Board members and employees of Masdar.
- Anyone who has been involved in organizing, promoting, or judging the Prize.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)