Applications call for the TRACE Prize for Investigative Reporting 2021: Uncovering Commercial Bribery. The TRACE Prize for Investigative Reporting recognizes journalism that uncovers business-related bribery and financial crime with the goal of increasing commercial transparency and good governance.
TRACE International is a non-profit business association founded in 2001 to provide multinational companies and their commercial intermediaries with anti-bribery compliance support. TRACE is financed by its members and does not accept any government funding. Moreover, it leverages a shared-cost model whereby membership dues are pooled to develop anti-bribery compliance tools, services and resources.
Prizes and Benefits
The TRACE Prize for Investigative Reporting offers the following benefits
- A panel of independent judges will review the submissions and select up to two winners, who will each receive a cash prize of US$10,000.
- Reporter(s) will be invited to an award ceremony hosted by TRACE. The judges may also name up to two honorable mentions, who will each receive US$1,000.
- Nominees may be print, broadcast or online reporters from any country who have investigated commercial bribery schemes, business activities that create serious conflicts of interest or similar commercial misconduct.
- Furthermore, team entries and multiple submissions per author are permitted. Book-length entries are not accepted.
- Entries must involve business-related bribery or financial crime.
- You may submit your own work, or you may nominate the work of someone else. If you nominate another’s work, please obtain their permission to do so.
- Entries must have appeared in print, online or broadcast media during 2020. Any entry not originally written/produced in English must be accompanied by a translation.
- Books are not accepted for the TRACE Prize for Investigative Reporting.
- If an entry only appeared in print, please include a scan. Also, if a scan produces an unclear result, please also include a transcript (Word document or PDF) of the article.
- Furthermore, if an entry is broadcast journalism (TV, radio, online video) please send a link or file.