Transversalidades – Photography without frontiers 2019 is now open for application.
The University of Coimbra, the University of Salamanca, the City Council of Guarda and the Polytechnic Institute of Guarda established a strategic partnership that enabled the creation of the Centro de Estudos Ibéricos (CEI) – Center for Iberian Studies, determined on reinforcing cultural and scientific axis organized by the cities and corresponding Universities, with the mission to promote initiatives that engage with the low density territories, particularly the peripheral and close to the border, as an active involvement in territorial cooperation.
Pursuing this mission and taking into account the importance that photography assumes in contemporary societies, the Project Transversalities: Photographs without Borders uses photography as a means to promote the inclusion of territories and to break with processes of exclusion that are voted by the vast areas of the planet. The photographs should demonstrate one of the following themes:
- Natural heritage, landscapes and biodiversity
- Rural spaces, agriculture and settlement
- City and urbanization processes
- Culture and society: cultural diversity and social inclusion
Of all the competitors and photographs submitted to the competition, selections will be for:
- Absolute Winner (1) for the best submitted portfolio that will receive 1500 Euros.
- Winner of each theme (4) for the best submitted portfolio that will receive 750 Euros.
- The jury will also award honorable mentions to other portfolios (up to 12) that will receive 150 Euros.
- The applicant must guarantee and take responsibility for:
- the photos are original;
- also, do not include identifying elements of the author;
- in addition, were not published, disclosed and awarded.
- Formats and dimensions of photographs:
- send the photographs to the competition in digital format (jpg type)
- furthermore, send a single .zip or .rar file that collects all the photos you entered in the contest.
- moreover, the pictures to be sent must have a screen resolution of 72 dpi and a size of W or H, between 2000 and 2500 pixels
- The application is free as well as universal.
- Each candidate can only submit a portfolio of six (6) photographs in a single contest theme.
- Similarly, the applications will be submitted electronically, through the site cei.pt
- The application consists of:
- candidacy form;
- also, file with the porfolio of six (6) photographs.
- likewise, declaration of acceptance of the conditions of the tender
- Each competitor get a code, which will be known by the jury.