Applications call for TWAS─Abdool Karim Award in Biological Sciences 2021. It is designed to honor women scientists in Low-Income African countries for their achievements in Biological Sciences. Basically, the award recognizes women scientists for their achievements in Biological Sciences.
The award prize of the TWAS─Abdool Karim Award in Biological Sciences is worth USD 5,000.
Eligible nominees for TWAS─Abdool Karim Award in Biological Sciences are female scientists national of a Low-Income African country who have been living and working there for at least two years immediately prior to their nomination. (i.e. from 18/2/2018). Fellows of TWAS are not eligible.
- Nominator contact details. Similarly, nominee contact details (self-nominations are not accepted) and general information on the nominee, including the country where he/she has been working and living in the past 2 years.
- Authorization from the nominee (i.e. the candidate) to process his/her personal data for the purposes of his/her nomination, in conformity to Art. 13 of the Italian Legislative Decree 196/2003. This authorization can only be submitted through the online platform. The privacy authorization form is available for download in the section ‘nominee’s personal data’.
- The form must be filled in and signed by the candidate and then uploaded onto the on-line platform.
- Suggested citation (15-20 words highlighting the nominee’s scientific achievements in Chemistry).
- Supporting statement regarding the nominee’s contribution to Chemistry. Supporting statements should explain in detail the work performed by the candidate and its significance in the relevant scientific context.
- Clear reference should be made to the scientific impact of the nominee’s work. However, vague supporting statements will not be considered and will negatively affect the evaluation.
- A clear and detailed account of any time spent abroad by the nominee in the past two years.
- Ph.D.: information on a subject area, year, and awarding institution.
- Brief information on membership in academies and societies as well as brief information on awards and honors received.
- List of 10 most significant publications listed in an internationally acceptable format.
- The nominee’s h-index in Google Scholar and the associated number of citations.
- Furthermore, the nominee’s brief CV and her/his complete list of publications are also to be uploaded, separately, onto the online platform.
For quick tips, please click on here