Applications call for TWAS-Fayzah M. Al-Kharafi Award 2021. TWAS is inviting nominations for the 2021 Award from all its members as well as science academies, national research councils, universities and scientific institutions in developing and developed countries. Self nominations (i.e. applications) are not eligible.
Basically, TWAS-Fayzah M. Al-Kharafi Award carries a cash award of USD4,000 generously provided by Professor Al-Kharafi and will rotate among various fields of science.
- Nominations for the 2021 award are invited in Medical Sciences
- Nominees must be female scientists national of an ST-lagging country and have been living and working there for at least two years immediately prior to their nomination (i.e. from 12/2/2019).
- For a list of the ST-lagging countries, please visit: https://twas.org/node/2329
- Fellows of TWAS are not eligible.
- Self-nominations and nominations from jury members will not be considered.
A nomination is considered complete only if includes all of the following information/material:
- Nominator contact details.
- Nominee contact details (self nominations are not accepted) and general information on the nominee, including the country where she has been working and living in the past 2 years
- Authorization from the nominee (i.e. the candidate) to process her personal data for the purposes of her nomination, in conformity to Art. 13 of the Italian Legislative Decree 196/2003. This authorization can only be submitted through the online platform. The privacy authorization form is available for download in the section ‘nominee’s personal data’.
- The form must be filled in and signed by the candidate and then uploaded onto the on-line platform.
- Suggested citation (15-20 words highlighting the nominee’s scientific achievements either in Medical Sciences).
- Supporting statement regarding the nominee’s contribution in Medical Sciences. Supporting statements should explain in detail the work performed by the candidate and its significance in the relevant scientific context. Clear reference should be made to the scientific impact of the nominee’s work. Vague supporting statements will not be considered and will negatively affect the evaluation.
- Clear and detailed account of any time spent abroad by the nominee in the past two years
- PhD: information on subject area, year and awarding institution
- Brief information on membership in academies and societies as well as brief information on awards and honours received
- List of 10 most significant publications listed in an internationally acceptable format
- The nominee’s brief CV and her complete list of publications are also to be uploaded, separately, onto the online platform.
- The nominee’s h-index in Google Scholar and its associated number of citations.