Apply for TWFest ONE-ACT PLAY Contest 2021-2022. Basically, the top finalists will receive a panel pass ($100 value) to the Festival. Their names will be published on the website, e-newsletter, and social media pages.
TWFest ONE-ACT PLAY Contest 2021-2022 has the following prizes
- Professional Staged Reading at the next Festival
- VIP All-Access Festival pass ($600 value) for the next Festival
- Publication in Bayou Magazine
- This contest is for emerging or previously unpublished playwrights. Published books include any book with an ISBN, including self-published. Those who have published books in other genres besides playwriting remain eligible.
- Only plays not previously published, professionally produced, or performed are eligible.
- Plays submitted to this contest in previous years that did not place are eligible.
- Also, plays that have won and/or placed in any other playwriting contest are ineligible.
- Similarly, students and faculty of the University of New Orleans Film & Theatre Arts Graduate Program and Creative Writing Workshop are ineligible.
- Unlimited entries allowed. One script per submission.
- Simultaneous submissions accepted; please withdraw your submission, and notify the Festival if it is accepted elsewhere.
- Plays may not be under option, commission, or scheduled for professional production or publication at the time of submission.
- Furthermore, if the play was staged for the purpose of providing the author with feedback, such as in a workshop, student showcase, or staged reading connected with a writing program, this is acceptable.
- Plays should run no more than one hour in length (one act or approx. 60 pages.)
- The playwright’s name must not appear anywhere on the script or in the file name.
- Please use a standard font, either Times New Roman or Arial in 12 point font size.
- Submissions must be typed in English, and pages must be numbered.
- Do not use bold or italics unless necessary to the script.
- Do not include a cover page. Include your title on the first page of the manuscript.
- Please do not include professional resumes or biographies with your entry. Entries are judged anonymously; the judges only consider manuscript quality.
- Play content is NOT limited to Tennessee Williams or New Orleans-related themes.
- Revisions or edits will not be accepted once submitted for judging.
- It recommends Samuel French formatting guidelines. That guideline can be found at http://www.playwrightslocal.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Samuel-French-Formatting-Guide.pdf
- Furthermore, include a cast of characters and character descriptions.
OYA Opportunities is in Telegram too. Catch us here