Venice Design Week applications call for Light Art Colors 2020.
Light Art Colors focuses on lighting design and lighting systems, one section of the contest is specifically dedicated to the architecture and the interior design relation with the natural and artificial light. Particular attention to the relation to their eco-friendly integration with home automation systems.
This competition will wrap up with the lighting prototypes and the selected projects exhibited and promoted during the next edition of the Venice Design Week, which will be held on October 3rd-11th 2020. Venice Design Week believe that the designers are inspired by the importance of light, which is unique to Venice, and from the art that characterizes this city.
Awards and Benefits
- The exhibition will be held in Venice on October 3rd-11th, 2020.
- The selected projects and prototypes will be exhibited or installed in some of the temporary exhibits during Venice Design Week.
- The winning designer can use the special VDW Selection 2020 logo.
- The organization will promote the products of the winning designer through a specific campaign.
- A money prize of €400 would be assigned.
- Professionals (labeled “P”): Italian and/or international designers, architects and engineers, companies.
- Contestants can be independent contractors or employed. Those professionals who are employed by a company must submit the company’s authorization in order to apply.
- Students (labeled “S”): Students of Design, Architecture and/or Engineering schools.
- Group participation is allowed for both Professionals and Students. In such case, the team must nominate a group leader and he/she will be in charge of maintaining communication with the Venice Design Week organization.
- Applicants must send in two tables in A3 format (42cm base x 29.7cm high) in a high-resolution pdf file (printing quality 300dpi).
- Drawings must be to scale and show an overview and a detailed view.
- Applicants must also send us a short project report which describes the inspiration, characteristics, the chosen materials, a market analysis, and any other relevant information.
- This description must be submitted in A4 format (allowed formats: .doc and .pdf) and must not exceed 2 pages, do not write your name on any support but only the code (six letters or numbers) or fantasy name/group name or a sentence, do not include of your business.
- Applicants can illustrate their projects using other drawings or images, but they must be in the above-mentioned tables or in the description. It is possible to add a YouTube or Vimeo video link of the product.
- However, videos can be no longer than 30 seconds.
- On all tables and descriptions, the applicants must write the code or the fantasy name/group name or a sentence and, depending on their category, the applicants must add the proper labels “P” or “S” on all the file names (P-sole_01 or S-12345_01 for example).
Link to the application form