Call for entries: Videoex Experimental Film & Video Festival. Videoex calls entries from experimental, innovative and progressive works that explore the possibilities of film as a medium, expanding the idea of film and cinema.
Videoex is Switzerland’s largest festival dedicated to experimental film and video. Over the course of nine days, Videoex shows films and videos beyond conventional narrative cinema: experimental, visually surprising, conceptually unexpected or controversially political films and videos on the threshold between visual art and film.
The following screening formats are eligible for the competition:
- 35mm, 16mm, Super8/8mm films
- Digital files: 4k, 2k, HD
- DCP, Bluray Discs
- For other formats please contact here
Videoex Experimental Film & Video Festival has the following rules
- The purpose of the VIDEOEX Festival is to promote video and experimental film works.
Videoex 2021 will include an international and a swiss competition. The total price amount is CHF 3000.
- The festival will make a choice based on criteria of quality and originality in both, form and content.
- Participants may submit a maximum of 3 works.
- Only works produced after October 1st 2019 are applicable.
- To take part in the competition participants must submit a preview copy of their work.
- Accepted preview formats: Digital files (using this upload platform), DVD (PAL/NTSC), Bluray Disc.
- All entrants will receive entry confirmation until March 6th 2021. When using this entry platform, you will receive an automatic confirmation upon successful entry (please check your SPAM).
- Competition acceptance is expected to be announced beginning of May.
- Works being shown at the festival will be insured at the cost of the copy during the festival.
Shipment must be declared as: “art work for cultural purpose only” “no commercial value” Maximum value 2 USD !! (Otherwise, we will have to pay customs and not be able to accept the package.)
- The entry implies full acceptance of the rules.