Applications call for Visual Art Open Competition 2021. The Visual Art Open competition is a not-for-profit event open to both amateur and professional artists based in the UK and internationally. The aim is to give artists the ultimate platform to develop their passion and career in the arts sector. Finalists will benefit from exhibiting, selling and showcasing their work to art critics and buyers alike.
There are five key categories for entrants to apply to
- Painting & Mixed Media & Printmaking
- Illustration & Drawing
- Photography / Digital Art
- Young Artist (16 – 24 years old)
The Visual Art Open Competition 2021 has the following prizes and benefits
Overall Winner Receives
- Cash prize
- Solo Show at Deepbridge Chester Arts Fair
- Annual Mentorship Programme
- International Online Global Art Exhibition of Finalists
- Free Career Development Talks
- 20% Discount with Cass Art
All Category Winners Receives
- £250 cash prize
- Finalists will be exhibited at Deepbridge Chester Arts Fair
All submissions will receive promotion on social media and email coverage to 50,000, plus an invitation to the annual show.
- As all artists know, art competitions are a really great way to announce your presence in the art world. Applying to the VAO gives you the chance to showcase yourself and make connections with art enthusiasts, critics, and purchasers alike.
- Moreover, the VAO offers a fun, constructive, and professional environment in which to learn, to be inspired by other artists, and build your own skills and self-confidence.
- As each round of judging passes, your work will be promoted across our social media and website as well as the opportunity to be featured in the regional and national press, opening your work to a greater audience.
- You will have the chance to win not only a cash prize but also a commercial mentoring package to further develop your work and career as an artist and a spot at next year’s Chester Arts Fair.
- As a finalist, your work will be in the VAO brochures, a physical memento of the Chester Arts fair that every visitor will leave with.