The Ward Museum of Wildfowl Art Salisbury University presents Ward Museum Photo Festival Photography Contest and Virtual Exhibition. The 11th annual Ward Museum Photography Festival (formerly the Art in Nature Photo Festival) will be held as a hybrid event: with 3 unique print categories to be judged at the museum and 12 digital photo categories to be judged online, July 16-18, 2021.
Winning entries will be printed and displayed in the museum at the end of the exhibition. In addition to that, Best of Show and the first-place winners in each category will be published in the Ward Museum magazine.
Ward Museum Photo Festival has the following prizes
- Grand Champion – Best in Show: Overall winner from any category or division. This winner will receive a $250 cash award, from Wimberley a WH-200 Wimberley Head Version II full gimbal tripod head, two tickets to the Ward Museum’s Fall Fundraiser ($100 value), a Friends Membership to the Ward Museum ($150 value), and certificate.
- Second & Third Best in Show: These winners may come from any category or division. Winners will each receive $50 cash awards, a gift certificate for $100 to Wimberley, two tickets to the Ward Museum’s Fall Fundraiser ($100 value per pair), Family Memberships to the Ward Museum ($75 value each), and certificates.
- First, Second, and Third: A first, second, and third place in each category. First place winners will receive $50 each. All winners will receive Individual Memberships to the Ward Museum ($50 value) and a certificate.
- Youth Grand Champion – Best in Youth Division: Overall winner from the Youth Division. This winner will receive $100 cash prize, a $100 gift certificate to Wimberley; also a Family Membership to the Ward Museum ($75 value), and a certificate.
- Honorable Mentions: Up to three honorable mentions in each category. Winners will receive certificates.
- 5 Minute Mini Documentary: First, Second, and Third prize winners will have their films shown during the Delmarvalous Festival on August 14, 2021. All winners will receive Individual Memberships to the Ward Museum ($50 value) and a certificate. Furthermore, the First-place winner will receive two tickets to the 2022 Ocean City Film Festival and the winning documentary will be featured in the 2022 Ocean City Film Festival.
- Moreover, Ward Museum Photo Festival Photography Contest has two divisions: Photographer and Youth Photographer.
- The Youth division is open only to persons 17 years and under as of July 16, 2021.
- The Photographer division is open to persons 18 years old and older.
- Youth entry forms must be signed by a parent or guardian.
- Contest judges, Ward Foundation employees, board members, and their immediate families are welcome to exhibit images but are not eligible for any prizes, including the People’s Choice award.
OYA Opportunities is in Telegram too. Catch us here