Applications call for Wellcome Photography Prize 2021. Moreover this year, the Wellcome Photography Prize is exploring the human side of three urgent health challenges: mental health problems, infectious diseases and global heating. These challenges affect people of all ages, in all parts of the world – although their effects are not felt equally.
But there is hope. People and communities around the world are coming up with ingenious ways to manage mental health, control the spread of infections, and adapt to the local health risks of global heating. Theirs are the voices program wants to see and create – the inspiring stories that need to be shown and shared.
Wellcome Photography Prize has the following prizes for the winner
- The finalists of each category will receive £1,000.
- Single image and series winners will each receive £10,000.
- Prizes will be presented at an awards ceremony in summer 2021. The winning and shortlisted
- entries will then go on show at a public exhibition in London.
- Candidates can enter either the single image or series category for one of the following themes: Managing Mental Health, Fighting Infections or Health in a Heating World
- For single image categories, candidates can submit one image per entry.
- For series categories, candidates submit between three to five images per entry.
- Each image can only be submitted once, into one category of the competition.
- Images must have been created after 31st December 2015.
- The competition is free to enter and you can submit as many images as you like.
- The story behind your images is as important as the images themselves.
- Each entry must meet all competition terms and conditions.
Submit your entries