Apply for Wergle Flomp Humor Poetry Contest 2022. Participants must submit one humor poem which should be their own original work. Candidates can submit the same poem simultaneously to this contest and to others. Candidates also submit a poem that has already been published or won prizes on other platforms except for Winning Writers.
Length: Poem should not be more than 250 lines in length excluding the title and blank lines.
- First Prize: $2,000 plus a two-year gift certificate from our co-sponsor, Duotrope (a $100 value)
- Second Prize: $500
- Honorable Mentions: 10 awards of $100 each
- Top 12 entries published online
- Wergle Flomp Humor Poetry Contest is free to enter.
- Judge: Jendi Reiter, assisted by Lauren Singer.
- One poem only, please. Length limit: 250 lines maximum.
- No restriction on the age of the author.
- Both unpublished and previously published works are eligible.
- Authors from all countries eligible except Syria, Iran, North Korea, and Crimea (due to US government restrictions).
- The poem candidates submit should be in English. Inspired gibberish is also accepted (example).
- Entries are judged anonymously.
- Candidates must omit their name and all identifying information from your entry.
- Do not include a cover letter. Please also omit any publishing credits from your entry.
- All the information the contest needs is collected on the online entry form.
If you have questions, please email the contest administrator at [email protected].
OYA Opportunities is in Telegram too. Catch us here