Applications are open for World Bank Youth Summit Competition 2021. The 2021 World Bank Youth Summit Competition awards the most cutting-edge idea that supports either of the two youth summit themes listed below:
- A Resilient recovery for the People: Empowers people in fighting the consequences of the pandemic and addresses growing inequality in societies. OR
- A Resilient recovery for the Planet: Provides sustainable solutions to support the halt of climate change.
World Bank Youth Summit Competition has the following benefits
- Be mentored by Youth Summit 2019 finalists and World Bank experts.
- Network with leading professionals and young social entrepreneurs around the world.
- Participate and learn in events and workshops as well as seed-funding.
Important Submission Rules
- Proposals must be created by and owned by the Participant(s).
- Proposals must be submitted in English.
- The problem/need and the proposed solution outlined in the proposals must relate to at least one of the subthemes of the Youth Summit 2021 and must apply to a least one member-country of the World Bank.
- Proposals will be judged based on the following judging criteria; (1) Clarity, scope and relevance of the problem and of the proposed solution; (2) Innovation and originality; (3) Feasibility of implementation and sustainability; (4) Potential for impact.
- Proposals must be between 1,000-2,500 words in length, all inclusive – i.e. including all bodies of text, titles, headings, tables, textboxes, footnotes, endnotes, references and appendices, etc. – and must not exceed 4 pages in total. Proposals that are shorter than 1,000 words, longer than 2,500 words, and/or longer than 4 pages will be disqualified.
- The following information must be provided at the top of the first page of the Proposal: (a) the names of all Participant(s) submitting the Proposal, (b) the final word count, which must include everything, i.e. all bodies of text, titles, headings, tables, textboxes, footnotes, endnotes, references and appendices.
- Also, participant(s) must submit their Entries by filling and submitting the “Youth Summit 2021 – Competition Submission Form”, accessible through the Youth Summit 2021 competition page. Participant(s) must ensure that their Proposal is entered through direct upload, in PDF format.
- The deadline for submitting Entries is 11:59 pm EST, March 31, 2021. An Entry is timely, and will be accepted, only if received before this time. The time of transmittal will not be taken into account. Furthermore, the World Bank reserves the right to extend the deadline.
Submit your proposal here.