The WSA Young Innovators is a special call within the framework of WSA, that promotes and awards young social entrepreneurs. The WSA Young Innovators is a special recognition for young people under 30 years of age, using ICTs to take action on the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals(UN SDGs).
The World Summit Awards are a non-monetary award system with a focus on sustainable knowledge transfer through a worldwide network. This means that winners benefit not from a one time financial reward, but a lifelong partnership and integration.
A nomination for the World Summit Award is already a win – these are the rewards
- More coverage on your product. WSA provides nominees with press templates to help them to gain the attention of national media with support of the WSA national experts
- World Summit Award nominee seal to use on websites, social media channels and publications
- Opportunity to receive feedback from the jurors.
- Being nominated for the World Summit Award means to be the best in the respective country in one of our 8 categories. Our experience has shown that this qualification can immensely improve outreach.
Winners receive the following:
- Invitation to the WSA Global Congress including:
- Pitching seminars
- 5 minute pitch session in front of an international audience during the Congress
- A program of especially crafted workshops for the winners
- Invitation to the prestigious award ceremony and Gala night
- Board and lodging for the durance of the Congress
- Eye to eye exchange with speakers, jurors and international guests
- Integration into a network of internationally recognized digital content developers
- Access to the WSA community of global experts and industry leaders in over 180 countries
- Interaction with world-renowned sponsors and partners of the WSA community
- Workshops specially shaped for the winners needs
- A videoclip highlighting the winners projects
- Special placement on WSA website, youtube channel and social media promotion
- Long-term coverage within WSA editorial channels
- Are developed by young innovators under the age of 30
- Offer digital solutions to any of the UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Deliver content-rich digital solutions to the user including individuals, businesses, and organisations
- have a strong digital component: websites, apps, SMS based solutions, IoT, wearables etc.
- are market ready or already launched on the market – no ideas or concepts are eligible.
- Eligible for young citizens of all UN member states, WSA Young Innovators is open to every start-up, social entrepreneur, NGO, student or individual.
Participation & Submission
- Submissions for the WSA Young Innovators can contain all mobile and web-based projects, such as: apps, web pages, applications for wearables, kiosk installations, SMS based products, games and interactive productions. There is no limitation regarding the platforms or channels the projects work with.
- All submissions have to be launched products. No drafts, ideas or unfinished projects can be accepted.
- Taking part in the WSA Young Innovators contest is eligible through submission of a project with a clear digital component to the WSA Database.
- Only submitted and fully filled in applications will be considered by the WSA Young Innovators Jury.
- All information entered in the application form of the WSA Database must be in English.
- Main team members of the projects submitted must be under 30 years of age (born on or after January 1, 1988).
- The timeline is the same as the WSA Global.
- An especially assembled Jury will evaluate all entries.