Athens Photo World (APW) with the support of Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) calls applications for Yannis Behrakis International Photojournalism Award.
For the second consecutive year, The winner of “Yannis Behrakis” International Photojournalism Award will receive the cash prize of the 15,000€. The prize will be awarded to a full-length photojournalism or documentary work. The winning project will be presented at next year’s APW festival with an individual exhibition of the photographer.
The winner of the 2020 “Yannis Behrakis” Award will be announced by Elizabeth Saridou Behrakis and Dar Yasin, winner of the 2019 Award, at the closing event of APW 2020 on May 31st, at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC). Participation in the “Yannis Behrakis” Award contest is free.
Rules and Conditions
- Participation in the competition is free of charge.
- Participants must be professional photographers.
- The photographic project to be submitted for evaluation must have been carried out between January 2017 and December 2019.
- The photographic project submitted for evaluation should be classified as a ‘reportage’ or ‘documentary’.
- Files are to be sent at 72dpi and 3000pixels on the large side, with captions, written in English, in the file info field.
- Participants must also send an accompanying text/story, not exceeding 250 words.
- The photographs must not have been subject to alterations or any kind of digital manipulation other than cropping and basic exposure, contrast, and luminance correction.
- The finalists selected for the last round of judging will be required to produce the RAW image files as delivered by the camera.
- The nominated winner will be required to produce the uploaded images with the original file size (unless cropped) in 300 dpi.
- The winner will be required to produce evidence (identity or documents) of professional engagement.
- Participants must guarantee that they are the authors and copyright owners of the submitted photos.
- The participants give to the organizers of Athens Photo World the right to use one of their photographs for the promotion of the competition (website, media and social media) both during the current event and in future ones.
- The photos submitted to the contest remain the intellectual property of their creators. Athens Photo World will take all applicable measures to ensure that the photographs submitted to the contest are not to be used for any purpose other than the purposes of promotion by the organization itself and its affiliates.
- Biography with up to 1500 characters
- First name
- Last name
- CV with up to 2000 characters (or PDF file)
- Country of residence
- 1 to 99 projects per submission
- 1 to 24 images per project
- File type must be JPG
- At least 3000px on the long edge
- Project title
- Project description
- Project year
- Project location