Applications call for Zooming in on Biodiversity: an ASEAN-wide photo contest.
Zooming in on Biodiversity, a photo contest conceptualized by the ASEAN Centre for Biodiversity is open to all amateur and professional photographers from the 10 ASEAN Member States.
While 2020 has been designated as the “super year for biodiversity,” it is also the year when the world was hit hard by the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19). This pandemic resulted to lockdowns in many countries, travel bans, and movement restrictions. Hence, the theme for this year’s staging is Healing with Biodiversity: Building a Better Normal, to promote an appreciation for the Region’s rich biodiversity and thereby promote its conservation to prevent future pandemics.
Through this Zooming in on Biodiversity ASEAN-wide photo contest, ACB aims to:
- Promote an appreciation for the ASEAN region’s biodiversity.
- Encourage conservation of the Region’s wildlife species to prevent future pandemics.
- Promote the ASEAN Heritage Parks.
- Raise awareness on the link between biodiversity and health.
- First Place: USD 1700
- Second Place: USD 1200
- Third Place: USD 600
- Special Category (ASEAN Heritage Parks): USD 400
- People’s Choice: USD 400
- The Zooming in on Biodiversity Photo Contest is open to all citizens of ASEAN—Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Viet Nam.
- Registration is FREE of charge.
- The contest is open to both amateur and professional photographers.
- A participant can send up to three (3) photographs ONLY.
- Entries may be submitted here.
- Submission of entries would be until 21 September 2020, at exactly 5 p.m. Philippine Standard Time.
- Photographs submitted after the deadline of submission will not be eligible.
- The photograph must neither be previously submitted, in whole or in part, to any other competitions nor published in any printed or electronic media.
- The file size of the photo entry must be at least 2 MB.
- Once submitted, the owners/photographers provide ACB the right to use the photos on educational and other promotional materials of ACB with appropriate credits to the owner.
- Relevance to the theme– 40%
- Composition – 20%
- Creativity – 20%
- Technical Excellence – 20%
Submit Your Entry