Apply for 23rd ASEF Summer University (ASEFSU23) Hackathon. The 23rd ASEF Summer University (ASEFSU23) is a 3-month long interdisciplinary Hackathon journey for young Asians & Europeans on “Liveable Cities for a Sustainable Future”.
Taking place between September and November 2021 (3 programme blocks 2 weeks each), the Summer University connects young hackers, designers, innovators, urban planners, and SDG experts from 51 countries to collaborate & develop urban solutions in three of the most populated countries in ASEM: Bangladesh, India & Pakistan.
ASEFSU23 Hackathon Teams will tackle one of three interdisciplinary urban challenges, linking SDG11 with other socio-economic issues that are part of the UN Agenda2030:
- Bangladesh (SDG11, SDG12 & SDG13): Creating Clean Cities: Tackling Urban Waste Management
- India (SDG3 & SDG11): Creating Healthy Cities: Tackling Obesity among Children
- Pakistan (SDG4, SDG8 and SDG11): Creating Accessible Cities: Enhancing Urban Mobility
- Leadership: Show & train your Team Leadership skills in this intercultural, virtual context.
Sustainable Impact: Play your role towards Sustainable Urbanisation by transforming ideas into concrete impactful solutions in your country.
- Network: Build up your network of innovators & experts for future partnerships & collaborations.
- Certification: Receive a certification of participation by all partner universities, as well as microcredits from University College Cork (UCC).
The 23rd ASEF Summer University (ASEFSU23) Hackathon will consist of 3 main programme elements:
- Element 1: Hackathon Team Leaders Training Programme (20 – 31 September 2021) – Through an Open Call, 12 selected youth from Bangladesh, India and Pakistan will take part in a 2 weeks training on Design-Thinking, Facilitation and Team Collaboration. These youth leaders will take on Team Leader Roles in the subsequent programme elements and help guide the ASEFSU23 participants. This Capacity Building Training will precede the primary programme elements open to all participants.
- Element 2: Online Knowledge Building Phase (11 – 29 October 2021) – The programme will offer all participants training and workshops to deepen their understanding of the theme of Sustainable Cities and Urbanisation, as well as provide them with an outlook on Bangladesh, India and Pakistan. As part of the programme they will complete individual & group tasks, and be provided extra resources for self-paced learning using an e-learning platform.
- Element 3: Hackathon (4 – 15 November 2021) – During this part, all participants will have the opportunity to move from theory to practice. They will collaborate and compete in groups to develop proposals solving specific urban challenges in Bangladesh, India & Pakistan.
- A Citizen of either Bangladesh, India or Pakistan.
- A Young Professional or Student between 18-30 years.
- A creator, designer, innovator, developer or entrepreneur versatile in digital solutions.
- Experienced in Hackathons, Innovations or other human-centred design-related events, either as a participant, resource person or organiser.
- Confident in guiding intercultural teams virtually.
OYA Opportunities is in Telegram too. Catch us here