Applications are open for ASEAN-China Young Leaders’ Summit 2021. The ASEAN Foundation and Peking University are pleased to organize the ASEAN-China Young Leaders’ Summit for 2021. The summit targets tertiary education students from across ASEAN and China to understand diplomacy as well as the decision-making of ASEAN Member States in addressing regional issues through various high-level ASEAN meeting simulations.
The summit promises an authentic experience to understand ASEAN affairs and “Commemorating 30 years of ASEAN-China Dialogue Relations: Strengthening Strategic Partnerships for the Next Decade and Beyond”. It will be an interactive process where YOU, the delegates, will role-play various levels of ASEAN officials engaging in various levels of meeting simulations. This will definitely be an interesting and delightful experience.
- The Summit will be fully paid for by the organizers.
- Enables you to understand ASEAN diplomacy and how decision-makers of the ASEAN Member States address regional issues by involving in the authentic simulation exercises.
- An exciting and unforgettable lifetime experience with us and your peers from other ASEAN Member States and China.
- A network of young leaders from across the ASEAN region and China.
- Enrolled as a student of tertiary education institution taking diploma, undergraduate or postgraduate studies from any disciplines at education institutions in the ASEAN Member States and China when the programme takes place.
- Between 18 and 35 years of age.
- English proficient, verbal and written.
Applicants must register here. However, all applicants must have the following documents before applying
- Personal data
- Soft copy of full-face photo (please ensure your file is in JPG or JPEG and does not exceed 500 KBs)
- Please Provide Passport/ID that has your face (please ensure your file is in JPG or JPEG format and does not exceed 500 KBs)
- Letter of recommendation from respective department/faculty/university/education institution for each person (please ensure that your file is in PDF format and does not exceed 500 KBs). This is written in free format on letterheaded paper signed by an authorised official of your institution verifying: name, department, faculty, and the current semester you are at.
- List of five (5) most noteworthy personal achievements (please share not more than 5 achievements briefly and concisely, do not write a CV!)
- An individual essay of not more than 800 words (See Annex or click HERE for a list of questions)
OYA Opportunities is in Telegram too. Catch us here