ASEAN Youth Engagement Summit (AYES) is a high-level platform for the student leaders, young professionals, and world changers from the ASEAN Region. Organized by the South East Asian Leaders’ Organization (SEALO), the summit provides an opportunity for its participants to learn new knowledge on key ASEAN issues/topics and understand our role as youth towards developing the region. We believe that the youth plays an important role towards achieving the goals of the ASEAN, particularly the vision set in 2025.
- Plenary Sessions: The plenary sessions will serve as the Opening Ceremonies of the AYES. Happening on Day 1 of the summit, AYES will will have sit-down plenary sessions that aim to strengthen the importance and the role of the ASEAN youth in developing the region and attaining the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) by inviting organization heads from youth-led organizations and initiatives. Aside from this, the Plenary Sessions will also have Keynote Speeches and Remarks from VIP speakers and officials.
- Action Plan Competition: The Action Plan Competition is the delegates, divided into groups, will be giving solutions and action plans to a partner organization. Introduced on the Day 1 of the summit, the partner organization will present a main problem that the delegates will deliberate. The delegates will seek solutions with the assistance of the partner organization or through relevant research. On Day 3 of the summit, the groups will be presenting their solutions and ideas to the assigned evaluators and judges. The inputs
gathered during the competition can be considered and used by the partner organization in solving the ongoing problem at their community. Aside from this, this can also be a potential collaboration opportunity for the partner organization and the delegate groups.
- AYES Youth Chat: AYES Youth Chat is a platform wherein distinguished youth leaders from each panel will share their stories and struggles about their advocacy and initiative. The Youth Chat is also an opportunity for the delegates to seek mentorship and consultation from their fellow youth leaders. The Youth Chat also serve as a potential collaboration opportunity for both the delegate and the speaker.
- AYESx: AYESx is an open platform wherein the delegates and organizers are given an opportunity to express their thoughts about their assigned panel, AYES experience, and/or their initiative.
- Expert Panel Sessions: Delegates will be assigned to one of the six panels wherein they will learn expert knowledge and ideas from expert speakers, researchers, and professors who have vast knowledge on the topic. The Expert Panel Sessions will also aim to give a further understanding to the current situation of the assigned topic and to realize its importance to the development of the ASEAN region.
- Booth Exhibitions: For the entire four (4) days of the summit, AYES will invite organizations, companies and initiatives to set up a booth. Delegates, organizers, spectators, students and other participants are given an opportunity to connect with organizations in order to meaningful partnerships and potential collaborations.
- Cultural Presentations: The Cultural Presentations will happen during the final day (Day 4) of the summit. The delegates from different ASEAN member states will be given an opportunity to showcase their respective country’s heritage and culture. The presentations will also feature the Awarding and Closing Ceremonies.
- Young leaders who want to learn more about ASEAN (18-35 years old)
- Interested to understand the role of the ASEAN Youth Community in different fields while giving value to the Southeast Asian Integration.