Asia Union Leaders Summit 2018 in South Korea
The Asia Union Leaders Summit is an international program designed for high school, and college youth to meaningfully tackle emerging leadership challenges the region is facing. It is modeled after the U.S. Congress and Law Making and Adaptive Leadership courses at the Harvard Kennedy School of Government; it uses Stanford’s design thinking approach, and is influenced by the Model UN Simulation.
Building on the Trilateral Leadership Summits (TLS) I-III which were held annually from 2014, as well as the Asia Union Leaders Summit 2017, the evolution of The Asia Union Leaders Summit, is grounded on the learnings from the past and in response to the changing geopolitical and socioeconomic landscape of Asia.
The future of one’s country and region lie in the hands of its young people. The opportunities for global leadership and the potential to be the most prosperous region in the world are ripe in Asia. But the region also faces challenges due to the geopolitical and strategic uncertainties surrounding its complex historical and territorial issues. This 5-day, 4-night program provides young representatives with the skillsets to lead in 21st century Asia.
- Using leadership frameworks taught at Harvard University, participants will gain a better understanding of the complexities and varying perspectives on inter-Asia relations, increase their leadership capacity and skill level through participation in discussions, simulations, and skill-building workshops, as well as develop a growth mindset, inter-region friendships, and a global orientation.
- Participants will engage in interactive workshops, professional development sessions and career mentoring with teaching fellows from Harvard University. The program also provides participants with the opportunity to undergo a summit simulation for inter-country dialogue, networking, awareness-raising, and collaborative skill development.
- By the end of the program, participants will gain practical knowledge, skills, and experience on leadership, public speaking, and problem-solving, and be guided on how to develop the right mindset to pursue peace, common prosperity and leadership initiatives in their future respective fields, their home region, and around the world.
Through the program, participants will:
- Increase leadership capacity and skills in public speaking, conflict resolution, negotiation, and consensus-building
- Explore interdisciplinary frameworks for analyzing the current intra-regional challenges from big-picture and grassroots perspectives, and identify collaborative accelerators and inhibitors
- Build analytical and behavioral skills, and develop tools to foster and sustain an entrepreneurial and cross-cultural approach to the problem
- Learn fundamental concepts and gain fresh insights on problem-solving strategy.
- Understand the difference in culture and crisis-management practices from the perspective of diverse nations and regions.
- Connect with and develop a strong network of high achieving peers from different countries, interests, and schools.
- Receive mentorship from Teaching Fellows from Harvard and other leading universities
Deadline: 1st July 2018