Applications call for Bioscience Innovation Bootcamp 2020
As part of the initiative, a 5-day bioscience innovation Bootcamp has been organized for entrepreneurial scientists in eastern Africa to empower them to develop innovative and commercially viable biological-based ideas in areas including but not limited to;
- Food and feed
- Wastewater treatment
- Medical diagnostics
- Green chemicals
This call shall be limited to citizens and/or nationals of the seven (7) BioInnovate Africa participating countries attached to a university, research institution, private company, or other related organization (either as an employee or student).
- Access to Investors: Networking with investors & industry players at the 1st Regional Bioeconomy Conference.
- Investment Readiness: Winners of the pitch event will get admission to a 3 months acceleration program by Villgro Kenya & BioInnovate Africa.
- Fundraising: Increase your chances of being eligible for future BioInnovate Africa & Villgro Kenya funding and technical assistance.
- An innovative biobased idea with potential for commercial application (40 points)
- A multidisciplinary team of three (3) members e.g. comprising of academia and industry/private sector (30 points).
- At least 2 of the team members must be youth, i.e. within the age bracket of 15-35 years (10 points)
- Technical proof of concept will be preferred over unproven ideas (20 points).
Applicants are invited to submit the following as part of their application:
- A support letter/email from your institution of affiliation (signed by e.g. the head of the department)
- CVs of team members
- A one-page personal motivation statement by the team leader
- A PowerPoint application uploaded in this format using these guidelines
All applications will be uploaded through the online portal