European Young Heritage Professionals Forum 2019 will take place from 20 to 24 May 2019 in Zadar, Croatia. The programme aims to explore potential synergies and challenges of working on tangible as well as intangible cultural heritage in the European context. UNESCO, in partnership with the European Union, is organizing this programme. It is within the joint project ‘2018 – European Year of Cultural Heritage: Engaging Youth for an Inclusive and Sustainable Europe’. The Croatian Commission for UNESCO and the Croatian Ministry of Culture is hosting this pprogramme. The Forum is developed in close cooperation with the non-governmental organization Diadrasis.
- The Forum will enable participants to enhance project management and communication skills by working on their own heritage projects with experts and peers from across Europe.
- In addition to building a community, the young professionals will receive motivations to become active ‘cultural heritage messengers’ by spreading the message on the importance of cultural heritage protection and safeguarding in their own communities and beyond.
- Moreover, all expenses related to the participation in the Forum will be covered for the selected participants (including transportation – economy class, meals and accommodation for the duration of the Forum).
Participants need to:
- have relevant experience in the field of tangible and/or intangible cultural heritage
- be citizens of one of the – EU Member States
- likewise, be between 25 and 32 years of age by the date of application
- above all, be fluent in English (the Forum will be only in English)
- submit a project proposal (idea, or a project in initial implementation stages) focusing on tangible and/or intangible cultural heritage to further develop during the Forum
- furthermore, have commitments to become ‘Cultural Heritage Messenger’ at the European, national and local levels.
In order to apply for the European Young Heritage Professionals Forum, you should submit an online application form, together with a recent CV and a letter of reference from their supervisor (for instance, professional supervisor, university professor) by 28 March 2019 at 23:59 CET.