Applications are open for Fully Funded 7th Euro-Arab Youth Forum 2019. The Council of Europe welcomes applications from all candidates who fulfill the specific profile of the activities, irrespective of gender, disability, marital or parental status, racial, ethnic or social origin, color, religion, belief or sexual orientation.
The 7th Euro-Arab Youth Forum 2019 aims to foster mutual cooperation and dialogue among European and Arab Youth leaders and representatives of youth associations on topics of shared concern within a framework of commitment to a culture of universal human rights and intercultural dialogue.
The 7th Euro-Arab Youth Forum will foster the participation of young people and youth organizations in peacebuilding and Euro-Arab cooperation for inclusive societies.
Its specific objectives are:
- To explore the UN Security Council Resolution 2250 on Youth Peace and Security and its relevance for young people in Euro-Arab co-operation
- To share and recognize the needs and challenges faced by young people and youth organizations in their work for peacebuilding, security, and dialogue
- To share practices and experiences in peacebuilding for mutual learning
- To support participants to engage and advocate for their countries to implement the Resolution UN 2250 and in pursuing Sustainable Development Goal 16 (Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions)
- To critically reflect on the role of the Council of Europe, the League of Arab states in implementing 2250 and its principles of action and shaping the future of the cooperation
- To learn about human rights education as a framework for learning and acting for peace and dialogue.
The forum will bring together some 100 youth leaders, activists and other stakeholders active in the field of Euro-Arab cooperation in the youth field. The participants recruited through this call must:
- Be resident in a member state of the Council of Europe or state signatory of the European Cultural Convention;
- be aged between 18 to 30 years;
- be able to work in English, a knowledge of French and/or Arabic will be an asset;
- be involved in a youth organization or youth work project related to Euro-Arab cooperation, peacebuilding and/or to the UN Security Council Resolution 2250;
- be able to share their experiences and ideas and be motivated to take a full part in the forum actively.