Every year the conference intends to create a platform for a larger number of students to learn and engage in ROTA’s youth development program in Qatar.
The program will aim to attract up to 450 young people including international participants. The main aim of the 3 days conference is to raise awareness and knowledge as well as build the capacities required to enable young people to take leadership roles in addressing local and international developmental issues of concern to them especially in the area related to the theme of each year’s conference. The conference will hold from March 14-16, 2019.
The lectures and workshops during the youth conference aim to address three themes. These include:
- Personal leadership: Promoting personal excellence including setting goals and forward planning, having personal mission statements, marketing one’s skills and abilities, positive attitude and healthy self-esteem
- Service Learning: Promoting civic responsibility: a duty to one’s country, community and the world as a whole. The importance of valuing diversity; developing empathy alongside the desire to help the vulnerable or to protect one heritage or the environment.
- Global Citizenship: Promoting youth voice on social justice issues like human rights, migrant worker situation, global economy, climate change, and war and conflict.
There are two types of provided sponsorship:
- Full Sponsorship includes: Flight, Accommodation, Meals and Ground Transportation related to the conference program only
- Partial Sponsorship includes: Accommodation, Meals and Ground Transportation related to the conference program only
- International participants should be between 18-32 years old
- Participants must attend all events, activities, and workshops during the three days of the conference. If you do not attend any event or workshop, they cannot issue a certificate of participation