Fully Funded Future News Worldwide 2019 is available for application.
The British Council is partnering with some of the world’s leading media organisations for Future News Worldwide 2019. Future News Worldwide identifies, trains and connects the next generation of global journalists. It is looking for 100 of the world’s most talented, motivated and passionate student journalists to attend an intensive media training programme. Moreover, it supports young people to develop a wide range of journalism skills and to establish the UK as a global leader in the nurturing of young journalists and media figures.
The programme centres around a two-day conference in London, with English as the working language. The conference offers aspiring young journalists opportunities to develop practical and editorial skills and hear directly from some of the world’s most high-profile industry leaders, with a mixture of talks, interactive panel sessions, workshops as well as hands-on experiences.
- The conference is free for successful applicants and travel and accommodation costs will be covered.
- You’ll receive exclusive coaching from world-leading editors, broadcasters, writers and reporters, and see how publishers around the world are using technology to find stories and bring them to life like never before.
- After the conference, delegates will be part of a year-round global alumni network, helping them to engage with one another, implement their learning and continue their professional development.
To apply for a place at Future News Worldwide 2019 you must:
- be of age 18-25 on 1 July 2019
- likewise, be a registered student, enrolled in an undergraduate or postgraduate course (of any subject) at a university or higher education institution OR have graduated from a degree course after 1 July 2017
- similarly, be a native speaker of English OR be able to speak English at IELTS level 6.5 or equivalent (a formal qualification is not required, just the ability to speak at this level)
- not have participated in Future News Worldwide or Future NEWS before
- have dedication to a career in journalism, in any form
- furthermore, be available to travel to and from the UK on any date between 13-18 July 2019.
The online application form includes two questions designed to test your journalistic skills and interests. You need to prepare your answers before starting the online application.
Before starting your application, you need to have the following documents to hand:
- Professional reference from your editor, manager, teacher or past employer
- English language qualification certificate (if you have one).