The Department for Digital, Culture, Media, and Sport(DCMS) calls applications for the International Tech Hub Network -Go Global Africa 2020. Interested candidates can apply until 3rd February 2020.
- Go Global Africa targets entrepreneurs from Kenya, Nigeria, and South Africa.
- They should have developed products that are ready to go to the market and build links with the UK’s thriving digital sector and pave the way for future economic partnerships.
- The 15 most promising startups, as determined by in-country pitch events, will come to the UK in March 2020.
- There, they will benefit from a 5-day training program designed to improve business skills and capability, build links with the UK’s thriving tech sector, and work with UK expertise to grow their business.
The candidates must meet the following requirements to be eligible for the International Tech Hub Network -Go, Global Africa
- The candidates from Kenya, Nigeria, and South Africa are eligible to apply
- They should work in one of the following four verticals: AgriTech, FinTech, HealthTech or Clean Energy Post-MVP stage, fully operating in the market
- Additionally, they should demonstrate a clear business model with evidence of customer traction
- Also, they should be looking to raise their first round of funding
- Similarly, the applicants should be able to demonstrate clear social impact potential
- Likewise, the candidates must demonstrate a commitment to strengthening the local ecosystem by passing on learnings to other startups
Furthermore, they must have the ambition to expand internationally in the future
- The International Tech Hub Network will cover the flights, accommodation, and meals for both the in-country masterclass and the UK program
- The Network will support and pay for the applicants’ visa. However, it is the participant’s responsibility to organize the application with sufficient time.
The applicants must do the following tasks in order to take part in the International Tech Hub Network’s Go Global Africa
- They must film a video pitch explaining their product and value proposition, and how they will use this opportunity to benefit their startup and the wider community
- Similarly, they should upload the video to Youtube and include the link to their video when completing the form below
- The video must not exceed 60 seconds
- It must be camera-facing not narrated
- Also, it should feature the representative who would travel to the UK if successful
- Additionally, the video must be hosted on Youtube
For additional details, visit the official site.