Fully Funded One Young World Summit 2018 in Netherlands (The Hague Scholarship) will see 1,300+ young leaders from 190+ countries descend on The Hague for the global forum for young leaders. During the Summit, delegate will present and debate solutions to our time’s most pressing issues alongside senior leaders such as Kofi Annan, Unilever CEO Paul Polman and President Mary Robinson. The Hague is the International City of Peace and Justice. Here, talented people work together to create a better, safer and more just world. We invite you to join us!
Supported by the Municipality of The Hague, the Local Change and Global Impact Scholarship support The Netherlands’ most inspiring and impactful talents to join the 2018 One Young World Summit.
Scholars will receive
- Title of Local Change, Global Impact Scholar.
- Profiling in national media outlets.
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2018 in The Hague, Netherlands.
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Permanent resident of The Netherlands
- Most delegates are between the age of 18 and 30. The One Young World team will consider applications from those who are older than 30, pending demonstration of appropriate personal impact, initiative, and willingness to engage. We are not able to accept applications from those who will be aged under 18 at the time of the Summit.
- Proven English language ability
Successful scholars will demonstrate:
- An evidenced commitment to creating a positive impact in relation to one of:
- Poverty alleviation
- Human rights
- A capacity for innovation and values-driven problem-solving.
- Strong communications skills and a talent for storytelling.
- A concern for local and global issues.
- Able to show a demonstrated interest/passion for the city of The Hague and it’s international profile.
- An ability to generate and articulate impactful ideas.