International Careers Festival 2019 in Italy is a networking and meeting opportunity between brilliant young minds, institutions, companies, NGOs, and international organizations, whose 10th edition will take place from the 9th to the 12th of March 2019 within the beautiful framework of the city of Rome. The Festival is composed of four main projects from which participants can choose the one most suited to their academic background, professional aspirations or general interest.
The four projects are:
- ROME MODEL UNITED NATIONS – Diplomatic simulation of the United Nations. Recommended for students of (or those interested in) international relations, diplomacy, political science, law. It is the largest UN simulation in Europe and one of the largest and most renowned in the world;
- ROME BUSINESS GAME – Simulation of business realities involving case study competitions. Recommended for students of (those interested in) economics, business, management, marketing, computer science. In Italy this is the first case of a business simulation with a strong international stamp and an opportunity for internships and job placement;
- ROME PRESS GAME – Journalism and media (web, tv, radio) simulation. Recommended for students of (or those interested in) communication, media, translation and interpretation, literature, philosophy. The only case in the world of a simulation entirely dedicated to those who want to make communication and mass media their own working future;
- INTERNATIONAL CAREERS COURSE – A guidance course filled with practical workshops for a successful international career. Recommended for students from any faculty/academic background. It’s a unique opportunity to get in touch with experts in the world of recruitment and international relations able to give practical advice both in terms of orientation and access to the world of work.
Students enrolled in the following programs can apply as participants for the International Careers Festival:
- High school students in their last two years;
- Undergraduate students;
- Postgraduate students;
- I or II Level Master’s students ;
- Students who have graduated (no more than a year after receiving their diploma);
- Doctorate students;
A B1 level of English (in accordance with the European standard) is required in order to participate in the Festival. As you complete your application form, you will be asked to upload a certificate or to take an online English test provided by Babbel.
- Certificate: You will be asked to upload a certificate, whether provided to you from an English language institution or by a university, which proves your level of English, or;
- Online English test: Should you not have a certificate, you will have to take our online English test provided by our official partner BABBEL (you will receive by email the link to access the english test), which will take 45 minutes. Once you have finished the test, the result will be sent to your e-mail address by BABBEL. You will then be asked to upload the result of your test as a screenshot or as a pdf to your personal account of the Festival’s website.
They strongly suggest that students/graduates select the project best suited for their academic background/aspirations:
- RomeMUN: International relations, political science, law, cooperation, and development.
- Rome business game: economics, marketing, management engineering, computer engineering, students/graduates of polytechnical institutions.
- Rome press game: communication, languages, literature, philosophy, translation, and interpretation
- International careers course: all faculties welcome to apply