“Commit2Dialogue: Partnerships for Prevention and Sustaining Peace” is the overarching theme of the 8th UNAOC Global Forum , to be held on 19-20 November, 2018, at the United Nations Headquarters in New York.
The scourge of violent extremism and the rise of cultural and religious-based discrimination and xenophobia are among the world’s most critical challenges. There is a pressing need to re-commit to interreligious and inter-cultural dialogue and to promote tolerance, diversity and a culture of peace.
The 8th UNAOC Global Forum will bring together key international actors from diverse fields to build productive partnerships and networks.
Under the leadership of the UNAOC, participants will explore innovative methods to promote inclusive approaches to conflict prevention and sustaining peace, as they share expertise and good practices.
Over the past few years, UNAOC have witnessed a rise of violent extremism, xenophobia, and discrimination. Intolerance and fear of the other continue to prevail in many societies. There is an urgent need to re-commit to interreligious and intercultural dialogue and to the promotion of tolerance, diversity and a culture of peace. To this end, the Forum provides an open space for UNAOC Group of Friends, UN system entities, civil society including NGOs, faith-based organizations, media and private sector to share good practices on ways to promote dialogue and understanding with partnerships that
The primary mission of UNAOC is to forge collective political will and to mobilize concerted action at improving cross-cultural dialogue and cooperation among countries and diverse communities to prevent violence and conflict and promote social cohesion and peace. UNAOC focuses its activities on four priority areas: Education, Youth, Media, Migration.
1. Augmented stakeholders’ knowledge of the good practices in intercultural and interreligious dialogue for conflict prevention and peacebuilding (in the areas of education, youth, migration, and media)
2. Augmented stakeholders’ capacity and expanded their networks
3. Proposed new and innovative partnerships for 2018 and 2019
4. Increased visibility of UNAOC
5. Drafted summary of good practices for possible replication and upscale
6. Drafted recommendations for action including good practices.
|Type of Opportunity||Conferences|
|Event Date||19 November,2018 to 20 November,2018|